dining room library ideas

dining room library ideas

(upbeat music) - being a chef for me, it's the only thing i couldimagine me doing in my life. people ask me, what do youdo when you're not cooking? cooking. my name is pam, i'm a chef in bangkok and i have a restaurant inmy home called the table. i cater one table a night. they can request whateverthey want, no restrictions.


at first it started offwith the people that i know, my friends, my friends of friends, the waiting list now is three months. jean georges is a famous chef, and he owns a 3-star michelinrestaurant in new york, which i used to work at. i decided to come back to bangkok and open my own restaurant, and i didn't open a restaurant.


instead i invite people to my own house. (upbeat instrumental music) today, my guests requests cold crab pasta and beef wellington. i will go shopping for ingredients. i try to focus on local produce. (speaking foreign language) bangkok is a very special place for a chef because there is thousand andthousands of ingredients here.


and the flavor of eachingredient is really distinctive. and then i will come back home, and prepare it a day ahead. i usually finish about 80% of the food, so when the guestscome, nothing is chaotic in the kitchen anymore, everything is set. (instrumental music) i got two helpers in the kitchen, and service people for front of the house.


everything is clean and ready to serve. (speaking foreign language)(upbeat instrumental music) i'm glad that peoplesee that i'm successful, but i don't think that i'msuccessful to the top yet. if you think you'resuccessful, you stop learning. being a chef or being a cook, you always have to learn new things. i just love what i do, i thinkit comes out in the food. if people come here and they go back


with smile and fullstomach, i'm just happy. being a chef is not a job for me, it's my passion. bye! (laughing) (musical tones)


Subscribe to receive free email updates: